Thinking of moving to Florida and pondering the paradise of Palm Beach? The county is directly north of Broward County, stretching from Florida’s Atlantic coast into the state’s rural center.
Moving to West Palm Beach will put you in the thick of one of the best areas to see and be seen in Florida. At a population of just over 1.5 million as of 2021, West Palm Beach is a thriving hotspot of business and entertainment.
Start your Florida move adventure with a free quote from Moving Squad. Wondering what to do in West Palm Beach after your magnificent move? Check out some of our favorites, and then branch out from there to make new memories.
Imagine waking up to average high temps of 76-91° every day. With that kind of temperate weather, residents can get outdoors at all times of the year, and the options are nearly endless.
There are currently 26 public beach parks in Palm Beach County, giving residents and visitors the opportunity to enjoy several miles of untouched Atlantic coastline with sparkling blue water and golden sand.
Are you a golfer? Palm Beach is considered the golf capital of the Sunshine State. Designed by some of the greatest architects in the game, the courses rank among the very best in the whole of Florida.
The county has an amazing ecosystem and there have been serious efforts made to preserve nature in West Palm Beach. Animal sanctuaries and untouched nature preserves are just a couple of the practices used to maintain Palm Beach County’s beauty.
Palm Beach County maintains an atmosphere of celebration year-round with a variety of fairs and festivals that deliver amazing experiences. If you are wondering what to do in Palm Beach, plan a trip to:
- The Honda Classic: The PGA National Golf Club in Palm Beach Garden draws tens of thousands of individuals from all over the world to watch top golfers compete in this renowned PGA event each February.
- Spring Training: The stadiums in Jupiter and West Palm Beach are also buzzing with activity between February and March as the Houston Astros, Washington Nationals, Miami Marlins, and St. Louis Cardinals visit for their spring training.
- Winter Equestrian Festival: During the Winter Equestrian Festival, the world’s top riders spend 12 weeks from January through April in the Palm Beach International Equestrian Center, and it’s quite the sight to see.
- South Florida Fair: Heralding in the New Year with daily parades, carnival games and live music, the South Florida Fair is a favorite of locals and visitors alike.
- Sweet Corn Fiesta: A family-friendly festival that celebrates the home grown crop, this fiesta is host to Major League Eating Circuit’s National Sweet Corn Eating Championship.
- Flavor Palm Beach: September is restaurant month in Palm Beach, and this event helps you coordinate your dining delights. It is a great opportunity to try new menus around the county.
Shopping and Dining
From the latest fashion pieces to antique collections, you will get everything you need in the shopping districts of West Palm Beach. Worth Avenue and Antique Row are renowned places where you can:
- Buy valuable apparel from top designers
- Find one-of-a-kind items at eclectic boutiques
- Discover a piece of the past at a cozy antique shop
- And so much more
While shopping is something you will definitely enjoy in Palm Beach, the dining experience will be amazing too. There are charming cafes and restaurants where you can enjoy an excellent culinary experience at just about any time of day.
Some of the very best brunch spots in the whole of South Florida can be found along Clematis Street in Downtown West Palm Beach. Downtown Delray Beach’s Atlantic Avenue is another great place to be if you want excellent dining by the beach, and don’t forget the nightlife in Palm Beach itself.
Family Friendly Areas
Palm Beach County Florida is a wonderful place to raise a family. Some of the highly-rated family-friendly neighborhoods include:
- Boca Raton
- Jupiter Farms
- Grandview Heights
- Highland Beach
- Limestone Creek
- Palm Beach Gardens
The county has the eleventh-largest school system in the country with 185 schools. There are also several private elementary and high schools in the county. There are currently 7 colleges and universities in the county including:
- Florida Atlantic University
- Palm Beach Atlantic University
- Nova Southeastern University
- Lynn University
- South University
- Keiser University
- Palm Beach State College
Other family-friendly activities to enjoy are:
- South Florida Science Center and Aquarium for its educational exhibits
- Lion Country Safari, Florida’s only drive-through zoo
- A Candy Tour of the Bulk Candy Store where you can learn how candies are made
Moving to Palm Beach County means access to a world of possibilities. It’s a great place to work and raise a happy family, and once you settle in, there’s no end to the fun to be had in this popular Florida county.
We are licensed and insured South Florida movers with more than 50 years of moving experience. Our qualified, professional movers will handle the entire process involved in your move. With us, you are guaranteed to get a stress-free and enjoyable moving experience.