Moving to Palm Beach County in Florida
Thinking of moving to Florida and pondering the paradise of Palm Beach? The county is located directly north of Broward County, stretching from Florida’s Atlantic coast into the state’s rural center.
Moving to West Palm Beach immerses you in the vibrancy of one of Florida’s most sought-after areas. With a population of just over 1.5 million as of 2023, West Palm Beach is a thriving hotspot of business and entertainment.
Embark on your move to Palm Beach County Florida with Moving Squad, where a hassle-free moving experience begins with our free quote. And once you’ve settled down a bit, discover our handpicked local favorites to kick-start your new chapter. Create unforgettable experiences in your new home in Palm Beach.
Imagine waking up to average high temps of 76-91° every day. With this idyllic climate, residents have the luxury of year-round outdoor exploration. Therefore, the options are nearly endless!
There are currently 26 public beach parks in Palm Beach County, which gives residents and visitors the opportunity to enjoy several miles of untouched Atlantic coastline with sparkling blue water and golden sand.
Are you a golfer? Palm Beach is considered the golf capital of the Sunshine State. Designed by some of the greatest architects in the game, the courses rank among the very best in the whole of Florida.
Moreover, West Palm Beach is a treasure trove of nature, and the residents are determined to keep it that way. From animal sanctuaries to nature preserves, everyone’s rolling up their sleeves to protect the beauty of Palm Beach County.
Certainly, Palm Beach County maintains an atmosphere of celebration year-round with a variety of fairs and festivals that deliver amazing experiences. If you are wondering what to do in Palm Beach, plan a trip to:
- The Honda Classic: The PGA National Golf Club in Palm Beach Garden draws tens of thousands of individuals from all over the world to watch top golfers compete in this renowned PGA event each February.
- Spring Training: Stadiums in Jupiter and West Palm Beach are also buzzing with activity between February and March as the Houston Astros, Washington Nationals, Miami Marlins, and St. Louis Cardinals visit for their spring training.
- Winter Equestrian Festival: During the Winter Equestrian Festival, the world’s top riders spend 12 weeks from January through April in the Palm Beach International Equestrian Center, and it’s quite a sight to see.
- South Florida Fair: Heralding in the New Year with daily parades, carnival games and live music, the South Florida Fair is a favorite of locals and visitors alike.
- Sweet Corn Fiesta: A family-friendly festival that celebrates the home-grown crop, this fiesta is host to Major League Eating Circuit’s National Sweet Corn Eating Championship.
- Flavor Palm Beach: September is restaurant month in Palm Beach, and this event helps you coordinate your dining delights. Moreover, it is a great opportunity to try new menus around the county.
Shopping and Dining
Furthermore, West Palm Beach’s shopping scene has it all – from the newest fashion trends to the best antique collections, you’ll find your heart’s desires in the vibrant shopping districts. Specifically, Worth Avenue and Antique Row are renowned places where you can:
- Buy valuable apparel from top designers
- Find one-of-a-kind items at eclectic boutiques
- Discover a piece of the past at a cozy antique shop
- And so much more!
Though shopping is something you will definitely enjoy in Palm Beach, the dining experience is amazing too. Additionally, there are charming cafés and restaurants where you can enjoy an excellent culinary experience at just about any time of day.
Some of the very best brunch spots in the whole of South Florida are found along Clematis Street in Downtown West Palm Beach. In addition, Downtown Delray Beach’s Atlantic Avenue is another great place to be if you want excellent dining by the beach, and don’t forget the nightlife in Palm Beach itself.
Family Friendly Areas
Palm Beach County, with its warm community spirit and abundance of family-friendly activities, is the ideal place to raise a family. Highly-rated family-friendly neighborhoods include:
- Boca Raton
- Jupiter Farms
- Grandview Heights
- Highland Beach
- Limestone Creek
- Palm Beach Gardens
Moreover, the county has the eleventh-largest school system in the country with 185 schools. There are also several private elementary and high schools in the county. There are currently 7 colleges and universities in the county including:
- Florida Atlantic University
- Palm Beach Atlantic University
- Nova Southeastern University
- Lynn University
- South University
- Keiser University
- Palm Beach State College
Other Family-Friendly Activities
Other family-friendly activities to enjoy are:
- South Florida Science Center and Aquarium for its educational exhibits
- Lion Country Safari, Florida’s only drive-through zoo
- A Candy Tour of the Bulk Candy Store where you can learn how candies are made
Is Your Next Stop Palm Beach? Moving Squad is Coming Your Way!
Moving to Palm Beach County means access to a world of possibilities. Moreover, it’s a great place to work and raise a happy family. Once you settle in, there’s no end to the fun to be had in this popular Florida county.
We are licensed and insured South Florida movers with more than 50 years of moving experience. Our qualified, professional movers handle the entire process involved in your move. Finally, with us, you are guaranteed to get a stress-free and enjoyable moving experience.