Moving calculators add. They don’t subtract. No magic moving calculator is going to deduct from the price of a move. There are no coupons you can use, no special codes to type in, no club cards, and no ‘everything must go” sales. But there are ways to save money on moving.
Think of your moving company as an online store. The more you “Add to Cart” the more you end up paying at check out. The trick is to add as little to cart as possible. You can do that by handling a lot of the work DIY. You can also cut costs by scheduling your move strategically, shopping around for an affordable moving company, and downsizing. As South Florida’s most trusted (and reasonably priced) moving company, Moving Squad knows a bit about the subject.
Money-Saving Tips for South Florida Movers
Get ready to be unfriended when the folks at home hear how much you saved on your sunny South Florida move! Here are some tips for a low budget move from your friends at Moving Squad.
- Do the Packing Yourself: A good chunk of the moving process is the packing process. If you only have a few items, you can DIY this part and save a few bucks on packing services. If you have a lot of items, on the other hand, DIY packing can seem like some strange form of torture. Fortunately, the best moving companies will offer flexible packages, so you can delegate more arduous tasks and DIY the easier ones.
For quick and easy packing tips, check out spruce.com.
- BYOB (Bring Your Own Boxes): When you’re planning for a move, the value of cardboard boxes increases exponentially. Most moving companies will provide them for a price, but if you can scavenge your own, you can cut down on that price considerably. University mailrooms, liquor stores, and offices are prime resources for free boxes, as is Craigslist.
- Get creative with your packing materials: Use magazines and newspapers in place of packing peanuts and bubble wrap. Use your own blankets and linens so you won’t need to rent them from your moving or truck rental company.
- It’s a Matter of Time: When you’re scheduling your move, time matters. Peak moving season takes place between Memorial Day and Labor Day, with about 70% of all moves take place in the spring and summer. If you’re looking to save money, these are the dates to avoid. To get the best deal on your move, aim for winter, but do beware of the weather, especially if you’re moving long-distance. Other good times to move include off-peak months such as March, April, May, August, September, October, or November.
- Get Down with Downsizing: As William Morris once said, “Have nothing in your house that you know not to be useful or believe to be beautiful.” In other words, if it’s not functional or fabulous, think about selling or donating it. Remember, the price of your move depends on the total weight of your shipment plus the hourly cost of the movers. A lighter load equals less time loading and more money in your pocket.
- Shop Around for An Affordable (And Reliable) Moving Company: At Moving Squad, we cannot stress the value of a reliable and affordable moving company enough. And we do use the words reliable and affordable in conjunction. That’s because when you move, you can’t afford to hire an unreliable company.
Save Money on Moving with Moving Squad
When you work with us, you’re not going to pay a lot for your move. Here’s how we guarantee affordable, reliable moving.
Free Rate Quotes: At Moving Squad, we want to make one thing clear: our contracts. We offer our customers free rate quotes so that they know what they can expect to pay and where their expenses are coming from. Our contracts have no fine print, no added services, and no hidden service fees. You tell us your budget; we adjust accordingly.
Efficient Movers: As experienced movers, we know how to make quick work of packing your valuables, and as experienced South Floridians, we know the building codes, traffic laws, and transportation guidelines. We save you time, and that saves you money.
Customized Packages: Your wish is our command. Let us know your specific moving requirements, and we’ll come up with a plan tailored to your moving convenience and budget.
Express Packs: For an extra speedy delivery to your condo or home, ask about our patented Express Packs. Designed to move through hallways, doorways, and elevators in a single bound (without damaging the property) express packs to keep your precious items secure, while our expert professionals move you in faster than a speeding bullet.
Additional Benefits: When you move into a South Florida condo, Homeowner association fees, building restrictions, and strict moving requirements come with the territory. If you’re facing these challenges, leave it to our SoFlo moving experts to get it taken care of. They’ll talk it out with the building management, and you’ll get into your new home without a hitch.
Move for Hunger and Claim a Tax Deduction
As proud partners of Move for Hunger, Moving Squad encourages our customers to help out local families in need by donating nonperishable items. We’ll put them in our truck and get them delivered to local food banks. You’ll get a little thank you from Uncle Sam, and a big thank you from Moving Squad for helping us help out struggling families!
Affordable Moving: Our mission is to make your move as stress-free as possible. To accomplish that mission, we keep our pricing affordable. Contact us today and ask for our free rate quote, and we’ll customize a plan that fits your budget. We keep our prices low and our standards high and our customers at the forefront.